Aircraft Mechanic (Full Time)
Job Title: Aircraft Mechanic
Company: San Carlos Flight Center
We are seeking an A&P certified mechanic to join our team at our general aviation shop. This is a full-time position and the successful candidate will be responsible for inspecting, maintaining, and repairing airframes and powerplants in accordance with company policies, company service manuals, manufacturer’s manuals, and FAA directives.
As an A&P Mechanic, you will be part of a team of quality, good-natured people with a great team energy, and a company that is #1 in its market with rapid growth, and supporting an active and engaged pilot community. You will work with a fleet of 20-30 aircraft and will be responsible for recording all work performed and assume responsibility for that work as indicated by his/her signature or initials. You will complete all paperwork entries in a clean, neat, and legible manner, and maintain constant alertness for defective, worn or failed parts, as well as safe area and working conditions.
- Inspect, maintain, and repair airframes and powerplants in accordance with company policies, company service manuals, manufacturer’s manuals, and FAA directives
- Record all work performed and assume responsibility for that work as indicated by his/her signature or initials
- Complete all paperwork entries in a clean, neat, and legible manner
- Maintain constant alertness for defective, worn or failed parts, as well as safe area and working conditions
- Care and policing of his/her work area and/or company tools and equipment
- All tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Attend any maintenance training classes as assigned by supervisor, as directed
- Valid Airframe and Powerplant mechanic certificate
- Fluent in English, able to communicate clearly with pilots and mechanics
- Able to work independently or closely with other team members, as needed.
- Passion for safety, quality, and attention to detail
- Able to stand, bend, and reach
- Experienced with small piston GA aircraft, including Cessna, Piper
- Ability and desire to learn
If you are an experienced and highly skilled A&P Mechanic with a passion for aviation and safety, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity. Join our team at our general aviation shop and be a part of our success and growth.
Work Hours and Schedule
- 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday-Friday
- Paid company holidays
- $32/hr starting (assuming no field experience)
- Kaiser health care contribution
- Enrollment in company 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation
- Discounts on flight training and aircraft rental
- Monthly tool allowance