Safety is and always has been our first priority. In response to the growing public health crisis and directives from the County and State governments, San Carlos Flight Center is closed for all operations until further notice. We will reopen again when health officials have determined it is safe to operate.
As much as we love flying, it is a non-essential business. SCFC encourages everyone to comply with all health directives to protect yourself, your loved ones, and your community.
While you are bored at home, we suggest that you:
- Review training materials. In particular, most pilots don’t spend nearly enough time with aircraft POHs or the AIM.
- Get ahead in homework.
- Schedule a FaceTime ground session with your flight instructor.
- Review an archived safety seminar video.
- Study for the next aircraft checkout or rating.
- Update your logbooks.
- Plan massive, multi-day airplane trips for when the skies reopen.
- Cherish this extra time with your loved ones.
Life will of course return to normal, and likely sooner than we expected. We will update you when situations change for the better.
We can be reached at [email protected] if you have any questions.