Safety is our first priority. In response to the growing public health crisis and directives from the County and State governments, San Carlos Flight Center is closed to the general public, and not currently allowing dual instruction. Existing club members are able to rent aircraft for recreational use. We will reopen fully when health officials have determined it is safe to operate.
SCFC members should view the “May 19 Re-Open Presentation to Members” found in our seminar video archive.
SCFC encourages everyone to comply with all health directives to protect yourself, your loved ones, and your community.
If you aren’t able to fly and are bored at home, we suggest that you:
- Review training materials. In particular, most pilots don’t spend nearly enough time with aircraft POHs or the AIM.
- Get ahead in homework.
- Schedule a FaceTime or Zoom ground session with your flight instructor.
- Review an archived safety seminar video.
- Study for the next aircraft checkout or rating.
- Update your logbooks.
- Cherish this extra time with your loved ones.