Are you a flight instructor looking to join the best flight school in the country? San Carlos Flight Center is always looking for safe, enthusiastic, and effective flight instructors.
We have high standards for flight instructors that join our team, and are always looking for quality. The right CFI candidates:
- are good pilots that want to become great pilots
- are good instructors that want to become great instructors
- are excited about flying
- are passionate about safety and risk management
- fly to high standards and strive to improve their own pilot skills
- are committed to effective instruction
- have good social skills and can work with a variety of students
- are very involved in flight training and the flying community, and
- want to teach full-time and fly 20+ hours per week.
We have an active Safety Seminar program and our CFIs regularly get public exposure sharing topics of their particular interest with the local pilot community. Staff CFIs participate in the development of Flight Center training material and are involved in our FlyOutGroup events, BBQs, student groups, youth groups, etc. Intelligence, energy, hygiene, personality, and quality instruction are all very important. Our CFIs are highly competent, and able to teach really well.
The best way to investigate the possibility is to email us your resume or arrange to stop by sometime and meet with us.
You can move the process forward faster if you also send in:
- a short description of why you fly and what your goal for your time here would be
- a list of which of our aircraft you can fly now, and which you'd be interested in getting checked out in
- or anything that can give us a sense of your personality and how you would contribute to San Carlos Flight Center
If you're ever in the San Carlos area, call and set up a time for you to come by our office. We can show you the Flight Center and talk with you about what instructing at SCFC is all about.
Direct your correspondence to: Dan Dyer, Chief Pilot, SCFC, 655 Skyway Road, Suite 215, San Carlos, CA, 94070 or email@example.com.