This FOG event is for the adventure seekers! Take your favorite adventure (flying, of course) and add it to another awesome adventure (whitewater rafting) and you get one truly awesome day.
FOG members fly into Cameron Airpark (O61) where our river guides will be waiting for us. They will shuttle us over to the Lower South Fork American River (Gorge Section), with 13 miles of class II-III rapids. No prior experience is necessary. A great way to take your favorite adventure (flying, of course) and add it to another awesome adventure (whitewater rafting) and you get one truly awesome day.
- 8:45am - Arrive at Cameron Airpark (O61), board shuttles to Adventure Connection
- 9:30am - Dropped off at Adventure Connection
- 10:00am - Sign some forms, gear up, listen to safety talk
- 11:00am - River adventure begins
- 1:30pm - Lunch break on the river
- 4:00-4:30pm - Reach Folsom Lake, board shuttle bus back to camp
- 5:00-5:30pm - Return to Cameron Airpark (O61) via shuttle bus, depart for home
Things to Bring:
- Shorts or swimsuit
- Water shoes or running shoes you do not mind getting wet (No flip flops)
Things to Consider:
- Weather does not cancel rafting, so make plans to drive if weather prevents flight.
- Cameron Airpark's elevation is 1287 ft MSL and has a runway length of 4051 x 50 ft. Check weight & balance and airplane takeoff/landing distance requirements.
- Your return trip may last past sunset. Make sure you are night current if carrying passengers.
How to Sign Up:
Sign up below, then call (650) 946-1700 to make your payment. Then reserve your favorite airplane and invite your friends to sign up too! DEADLINE is June 10th!
Note: Please make sure you are signed in to your account in order to register for the event!
$169/person, includes transportation to/from Cameron Airpark, safety gear, and lunch
Email email@example.com or (650) 946-1700