On Saturday & Sunday, April 22-23, FOG will be doing another 2-Day Mountain Training Trip through the Sierra Nevada's.
Spring weather brings cool temperatures, clear skies and smooth air. It can also occasionally bring the threat of snow and ice, which are good things to learn to respect during trips to airports at higher elevations.
Here's the basic info. We've got a limited number of instructors available for this one, so if you're interested in the training please sign up by calling (650) 946-1700 and pay your deposit in order to get a seat in one of the planes.
The basic goals for this training event are:
- to learn to fly safely over mountainous terrain
- to learn about high elevation airport operations
- to experience some of California's highest and trickiest airports safely
- to see some amazing scenery and stay overnight in South Lake Tahoe
These are routes and airports that a California pilot may experience at some time in their life. We've put together a 2-day training event to help pilots gain experience and meet their club's mountain checkout requirements.
- Cessna 182s
- 2 students/pilots, 1 CFI per aircraft
- About 5 hours of flying each day, split per student/pilot
- Aircraft ($1,200) depending on aircraft and flight time
- CFI ($600)
- Hotel ($130)
- Food/drink ($50)
We do this event regularly and it's always a great learning experience. While the primary goal is education, most of the participants used the flight time to work toward high-performance endorsements, C182 aircraft checkouts, mountain checkouts, or G1000 avionics checkouts.
To sign up call (650) 946-1700 to get your name on the list and to pay your $200 deposit.
Any questions, contact us at email@example.com or (650) 946-1700.